Thursday, March 8, 2007

SP10 Questionaire

Here is my SP10 Questionaire..

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? OK, I admit it..I am becoming a yarn snob. I love anything soft. Alpaca is probably my fav right now. I like wool and cashmere. I also love cotton. I think I might make a summer sweater out of some pretty cotton. I am also starting to get addicted to sock yarn...everyone warned me..I didn't believe them...now here I am wondering when I will cast on another pair. I do not like itchy yarn, fun fur, or cheap acrylic.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? My mom bought me an awesome namaste bag from a LYS. I still need to organize all my "knitting notions" in something. I can never find what I need.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, interm, or advanced? My lovely mother taught me to knit when I was little. Of course I did not follow through but then came begging to be taught again in my 20's. So I have been knitting for about 5-7 years. I would consider myself to be intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Didn't even know you could...sounds like a good idea. I am sure it would help out my hubby during gift times.

5. What is your favorite scent? I love anything with a food smell(apple, cinnamon roll, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, etc..) I also like rose, lavender. Just nothing that smells like my grandma's perfume though I loved her so.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Yes, I love everything from hard candy to chocolate. I also love sour and salty. I love all the gourmet foods like jams, pickeld things, etc..

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? No, I do not spin..maybe someday but it is not in my near future. I am wanting to start embelishing my daughter's jeans with ribbons, etc.. I am in a sweepstaking group. I guess right now the main thing is just knitting...as far as crafts go..unless I am doing crafts with my sweet Savy girl.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? I like everything except heavy metal, rap, or classical. I like country, 80's & 90's, and new rock or easy listening stuff on radio. Yes, my comp will play them.

9. What is your favorite color? Any colors you just can't stand? I don't really like pastel colors. I like pretty much everything else.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have been married for a little over a year to a miracle of a man!! I have a beautiful 5 year old daughter named Savannah (Savy), and an 8 month old handsome son named Daxton (Dax or Deebo). I have a collie named lady and a black cat named Shadow.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens, ponchos? I wear them all except the ponchos. Kind of grew out of that phase.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Everything...I have not found anything I hate yet. Socks are great, scarfs, hats, fingerless gloves, bags, sweaters, really anything.

13. What are you knitting right now? Just finished a pair of knee socks. Am working on an interlac scarf from a swap.

14. Do you like to recieve handmade gifts? Absolutely!! Recieving something someone took the time to create is a special thing.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I prefer circular and bamboo double point.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift. No..I always have to go over and wind my yarn at mom's, the LYS, or sit in my chair and hope I don't end up with a big mess.

17. How old is your oldest UFO. Only a few months.

18. What is your favorite holiday? That is a hard one..probably Christmas because I love watching people open their gifts, especially my kids.

19. Is there anything you collect? Not right now.

20. Any books, yarns, needles, or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I don't have many pattern books so of course I want them all. You can not ever have enough yarn so yes, I really want to try the knit pics needles..my mom got hers yesterday and I am jealous. I don't have any subscriptions but wish I did.

21. Are there any new techniques you would like to learn? Anything new. Knitting on 2 circulars or magic loop. Really anything new.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your food measurements? Of course I am..LOL. I wear a size US 7 shoe.

23. When is your birthday? October 19.

Yeah..I am so excited!! I can't wait for SP10 to start!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well hello, secret pal. :)

GOODIES APLENTY ON THE WAY!!!